The Women in Home Performance will be launching its efforts at the 2012 ACI National Home Performance Conference, March 26 - 30, in Baltimore, Maryland! Join the conversation – regardless of your gender!
The Women in Home Performance aims to promote women in the industry while strategically engaging businesses and organizations not commonly integrated into events and opportunities in order to help expand the industry. The draft goals of the organization are:
- Business Development and Market Transformation: This is not so much about equality as it is about leveraging the strengths women bring to bear to build business and transform the market
- Education: Educating men and women on the current and potential leverage women have female strengths and how to effectively integrate it into business practices and decisions
- Women Fellowship: It’s an opportunity for women to build relationships, discuss issues that only women face, and learn from those who are more seasoned in addressing such issues/concerns.
Come share your input on the development of this organization and learn from a great panel of women actively working to move this industry forward:
- Amy Fazio, Executive Director, ACI
- Annette Bubak, Better Building Performance
- Kathy Greely, VP of Programs, PSD
- Karen Hamilton, Director, Residential Energy Services, NYSERDA
- Moderator: Amy Beley, ICF International
We need your input! The organization is still very new, so your feedback is essential! Please take a few moments to complete this short survey: (http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/WomenInHomePerformance).
Your feedback will help guide this organization toward something that helps you build your business, move the market, and bring into focus the value we as women bring to the home performance industry.
Save the Date:
Wednesday, March 28, at 7:00 - 8:30 p.m.: A lively panel discussion about the role women have played in the industry to date. We will begin to address some of the key issues of bringing more women into the home performance industry. Panelists will be announced soon. Open to all!
More details to come on these events – stay tuned!